- This event has passed.
Automotive LIDAR 2021
September 21, 2021 @ 8:00 am – September 23, 2021 @ 5:00 pm PDT
4th Annual Conference and Exhibition
LIDAR has been in use for over 60 years in the military, aerospace, robotics, and meteorological fields. Today it is experiencing a flurry of interest due to the expectation that it will be one of the key sensors to enable autonomous driving. More than $2.1 billion is raised to date, and more than 85 companies are developing automotive-grade LIDAR sensors using their unique approaches. This conference is the only event in the world exclusively focused on automotive LIDAR technologies and applications. The conference’s sessions will describe the various approaches to make a LIDAR system and explain via physics and math the reasons to choose one approach over another. We will also discuss the publicly disclosed methods from each known developer, their strengths and weaknesses, and how likely they are to scale in manufacturability and cost. The conference will also provide overviews of marketplace projections and business trends. The material presented will enable attendees to make well-informed decisions regarding which LIDAR approaches are optimal for solving their challenges and requirements.
- Expert reviews and analyses of state-of-the-art LIDAR technologies
- Business trends, market projections, M&A developments, and startup activity
- LIDAR data fusion with other types of sensors such as radar and camera
- Impacts of enabling technologies such as artificial intelligence
- Notable academic research related to LIDAR for automotive applications
- LIDAR data processing techniques and algorithms
- Supply chain trends and challenges, government regulations, and mandates
- Fabrication, packaging, and system assembly techniques
- Reliability testing methodologies and techniques
- Technology transfer, ecosystems and research hubs, company formation