June 25, 2020 4:00 PM ~ 5:00 PM (Pacific Time)
Frequencies of electromagnetic radiation in the terahertz region have unique properties that hold the answer to futuristic technology developments.
The concept of utilizing terahertz related technology has often been associated with astronomy as a tool to monitor molecules millions of miles away in space. However, with greater interest in wireless communications and sensing innovation, terahertz has become a potential answer to the next technological step in a diverse number of fields. Once limited to astronomical use due to its high commercial cost, terahertz now can enter a consumer market and subsequently impact our everyday technologies.
While 5G is just being deployed, the frequency spectrum above 95 GHz and their related technologies is already called 6G.
The Wireless Communications Alliance invites you to listen in as a selected panel of experts explore how terahertz related technologies will transform our lives.
Format: Presentations and Panel Discussion
● 4:00 – 4:10: Event Introductions and Acknowledgements – Moderator Introduction
● 4:10 – 4:50: Panel Discussion and Q&A Moderation
● 4:50 – 5:00: Q&A Panel and Thank you note and closure
● Aryan Taheri (UC Davis – Moderator)
● Bobby Weikle (Professor – University Virginia)
● Jeremy Tole (Director R&D – Azbil – mmWave Coalition)
● Jeffrey Hesler (CTO – Virginia Diodes)
Post Event Materials: