- This event has passed.
Spectrum Overview: 2019 and beyond…
January 28, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm PST
5G is beginning to accelerate rapidly with many Carriers announcing dates. 5G has been long considered an idea without meat, but, in fact, we see advancements in the Access and Core networks, as well as the regulatory framework, that promise to deliver significant connectivity improvements in the very near future. It’s an opportunity for builders of Edge Networks, Small Cells, Optical components, and millimeter wave radio systems, and the ecosystems that surround these, to address new markets and drive new business opportunities.
The Wireless Communications Alliance (WCA) will present an overview of the radio and regulatory side of 5G. We will focus on the spectral allocations that provide the additional pipe necessary for enormous bandwidth, and the RAN and Access technologies that will face the customer, man or machine. We will hear from specialists about how these technologies fit into the 5G world, what gaps exist in the ecosystem, and what spectrum is leverable?
- Moderator: Chip Yorkgitis – Kelley, Drye, and Warren: Overview of the Spectrum Airscape
- Mohammed Shakouri – WiMAX Forum: Recent Low band allocations @ 900 MHz & 2.5 GHz
- Mat Varghese – Google: Opportunities in CBRS – new opportunities @ 3.5 GHz
- Chuck Lukaszewski – Aruba Networks: A new Frontier @ 6 GHz
- Ilan Vardi – MAG Consultants: mmWave Spectrum for 5G