Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Hosted by: Aruba Networks
3333 Scott Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Check-in begins at 6:00 pm
Event starts at 7:00 pm
2018 will prove to be an interesting year for Spectrum globally. The explosion of the Cloud as the first-choice computing platform and the increasing globalization of humanity is pushing current spectrum needs. The Wireless Communications Alliance (WCA) will present an overview of the spectrum in play. We will hear from specialists what spectrum is desirable and for what, look at the TV reallocations, discuss 5G and what frequencies will it command, and explore topics in harmonization? Join us for our Spectrum:2018 event. Hear industry experts discuss their diverse views on today’s spectrum allocation and their predictions for future trajectory.
Bill Reichert, Garage Technology Ventures
Josh Guyan, Partner – Kelly, Drye & Warren, Washington DC
Mike Finegan, Director – MultiTech Systems
Dr. Mo Shakouri, CEO Microsanj & Chairman Emeritus – WiMAX Forum
Andrew Clegg, Spectrum Engineering Lead – Google
Chuck Lukaszewski, VP, Wireless Strategy & Standards – Aruba Networks
- FCC Spectrum Policy
- What is the FCC doing to accommodate this surge in demand?
- Has thinking changed around net-neutrality?
- What key technologies are being vetted to improve spectral efficiency?
- Low-Power Spectrum
- IoT is expected to be huge. What is the LPWan community doing to insure that it can meet demand?
- 3GPP Spectrum and 5G – what trends are becoming evident?
- Proliferation of small cells
- Mm wave backhaul
- Leveraging wireless
- Unlicensed Spectrum
- What new bands are being opened
- What are the challenges
- Will the MNO’s embrace more unlicensed?
- Bonus Topic – What is going on above 100GHz?
Event Fee: $30.00
***UPDATE*** Mobile Experts, the leading provider of market research for the wireless ecosystem, are providing their updated report “Wi-Fi and LTE-U 2017” as a door prize to be awarded to a randomly chosen attendee.